Virtual Participation Technology Requirements
You must feel very comfortable web-browsing and searching, using online audio and video applications, and uploading and downloading files to online sites. You must also be comfortable jumping in and exploring new programs and web utilities with minimal guidance. Remote participation is not for the tech beginner!
If you attend the workshop virtually, you will need the following:
- a headset with microphone, or at a minimum ear buds with your laptop’s built-in mic.
- a laptop or desktop computer - not all of the software/websites that we are using are fully capable with tablets, but you may want to try tablets or phones on some activities.
- a webcam - multimedia is a big component of language learning online and a lot of it is through video now - viewing and creating.
- newest version of your web browser.
- a wired connection may work better than wireless, especially when we're using video apps.
We will schedule time before the start of the workshop for you to check your equipment and the WebEx functions. Please do this - it will make things easier for all of us on the day of the workshop!
An optional thought: some participants have found it helpful to have two computers - one to view the livecast, and a second to work on for the hands-on activities.