Immersion Education Research and Action Initiatives
The Language Immersion Education initiatives sponsored by CARLA have been conducted through the Immersion Education Project. Research conducted by the project has been focused on immersion education at the elementary and postsecondary levels, and includes a national survey of immersion programs as well as classroom-based research with students and teachers. A description of each research project is available from the links below.
- U.S. Elementary and Secondary Immersion Survey.
- Language Use and Acquisition in an Elementary Spanish Immersion Program in a Large Midwestern City.
- Getting the Big Picture of Language Immersion Education by Working with Teachers on a Micro Level.
- Developing Content Curriculum for Language Immersion Education: A Group Studies Abroad Project to Develop Science Curriculum for U.S. Spanish Immersion Programs.
- Learning Language in an Immersion Village.
- Expressing Cognitive Operations Through the Language of Immersion.
- Language Proficiency Issues Related to the Spanish Foreign Language Immersion Program (FLIP).