- To SUBSCRIBE:
- In your Email program on the TO: line, type the name of your listserv (assigned in class):
- In the SUBJECT: line, type "Subscribe"
- You don't need to type anything in the body of the message
- You should receive a confirmation message from the listserv if everything worked
- To SEND a message:
- In the TO: line, type the name of your listserv (see above)
- Type your message and send
You are welcome to visit for resources:
- Language Center Multimedia Lab - Fol 148
- Hours: 8:30am - 8:30pm (M-TH), 8:30am - 5:00pm (F), 9:00am-2:00pm (Sa)
- Software list is searchable online
- Language Center Video and Text Library - Fol 51
- Hours: 8:00am - 9:00pm (M-TH), 8:00am - 5:30pm (F)
- Book and Video titles are searchable online
- Links to many useful pages - including hundreds of language links, FL search engines, links on using the Internet for language teaching, etc. (go to Bookmarks)
- Feel free to come to any of the Forums listed here!
Additional Resources for Topic Three:
Getting Acquainted with the Tools of the WWW
Claire's Links has LOTS of information/links for using the web to teach - aimed at ESL teachers, but lots of general good things as well: introductions to the web, website evaluation info, student project ideas, good links and articles about using the web for teaching, and more, more, more!
Internet in the One-Computer Classroom
WWW Activities that Work (and Why!)
Bibliography of Books for Teaching Languages Using the Internet
Targeting Pedagogy gives you some examples of how to match technology with the FL Standards
Evaluating web pages
Evaluating Web Lessons
Ideas for Using the Web for Language Teaching
Interactive Internet - Topic Four
- "CoolStuff" page from class.
- Links to the software we used in class
Finding and Evaluating Software for Topic Five
Marlene has been collecting places to find language learning software - listings, databases of info, publishers, freeware, demos and some reviews. You'll also find some catalogues for publishers in the "demos" folder on the machines in Fol 148.